Verified Reviewer

2.5

Original review updated by user Sep 22, 2021

Back in March, I purchased an Oculus Rift S from the Oculus site. It arrived and worked just fine for about 3 weeks, at which point it stopped.

Just a black screen. I contacted Oculus Support and they had me return the headset and sent me a refurbished unit. I asked for a new one, but as they had been discontinued, they didn't have any on hand.

The refurb arrived and my first clue that something was up was it was so old it still had the Lenovo logo on the side. When I took the lens protectors off, the lenses were all scratched up.

Unacceptable. I did try it out and as with the first one, it didn't work. So I sent it back. They sent ANOTHER refurbished model.

Same thing. Turns on, looks like it's going to load the main screen, then goes black.. With lots of white dots floating around the screen.

I contacted them again and was told that they understand my frustration and they would get back to me in 3-5 days if I could be patient.

That was 10 weeks ago.

I have repeatedly asked them for an update, with no response, yet when I submit a new ticket I get an immediate response.

Once I told that customer service agent the original ticket number, I once again got the "3-5 days, thank you for your continued patience, we understand your frustration."

Now it's 6 weeks. I've had to go out and purchase a Quest 2 to be able to continue using it and they are completely ignoring my emails.

User's recommendation: AVOID.